Friday, May 28, 2010

Reassurance

In these troubled environmental times, it is with particular delight that I am witnessing the next generation of local birds exhibiting "feed me" behavior. Especially satisfying are the Evening Grosbeaks , whose presence I am honored to witness, as they have apparently declined approx. 50% in the least decade.
Also newly minted are a Hairy Woodpecker and I think , some Purple Finches and Tufted Titmice. 

New to my property today, for the first time in perhaps 10 years, a female Baltimore Oriole-quite a shock as we do not have much open land. They used to be abundant before a nearby orchard got grown over.

To see some young Evening Grosbeak, Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Hairy Woodpecker photos, go to: Vermont Birds and their Fledglings

No comments:

Post a Comment