Thursday, July 16, 2009

Upcoming Art Show

I will be having a solo show of my watercolor paintings, photos and photo-paintings at the Mount Ascutney Hospital , 289 Country Rd., Windsor Vermont. The show begins on August 7th and runs through September 30. The opening reception is on Friday, August 14, from 5-7 PM.

This show is really a story of survival, joy, and gratitude. Each painting and photo suggests a special encounter with the natural world that I hope you too will be inspired to explore, appreciate and preserve. You may even hear some songs and sounds at the reception- recordings I've made in the field, some of my own music, and some live music played by my husband and myself. Most of my work was done in Vermont and New Hampshire.

I am requesting that people come "un-scented"- no perfumes, lotions, after-shave, etc., given my sensitivity to such things. I know there are also hospital employees and other friends that would also appreciate this.

20% of the profits from sales will go to the hospital, and some additional donations will go the Vermont Center for Ecostudies (VCE), a place where wonderful bird and ecology research is being done. I attended a very enjoyable and informative bird-banding event there , and hope to work more with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment